It takes time and passion to learn a foreign language.Very often, time is lacking and the difficulty of the task takes away the passion.
Today, we will be sharing some advice to help you make the most of your time whilst keeping your passion alive. One of the key things is to make the learning experience interesting, personalised and make it fit into your life.
We will be giving you a series of challenges to help you practice your
French communication skills whilst targeting areas you like: shopping,
cinema, dining, cooking...
Here's the challenge of the week!
Have dinner or lunch in a French restaurant and use as little English as possible.
*Some useful expressions to use during your challenge*
- Bonsoir, j'ai une réservation au nom de....Good evening, I have a reservation in the name of...
- Quelle est la spécialité de la maison ? What is the specialty of the
- Je vais prendre I am going to have...
- Auriez-vous.....? Would you have...?
- C'était très bon, merci It was very nice, thank you.
- L'addition s'il vous plait: the bill please
- Nous payons ensemble / séparément We are paying together /separately
Prepare more expressions before your French immersion experience, work on your pronunciation and feel confident!
*Where to go*
Here are a few good addresses in Melbourne
- The French Brasserie
- Roule Galette
- France Soir
- Chez Olivier
If you are in a different city, don't hesitate to research on Google to
find the best French restaurants close to you.
*What you get from this challenge*
- Delicious food
- A safe training environment ( you can still switch to English if it becomes too difficult) before your next attempt in a French speaking country
- The pleasure of discovering the French assets of your own city
- The chance to impress your friends by showing off your French
Enjoy et à bientôt!
Cosmopoli'French is an exciting new concept language school based in Melbourne.